Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baby Fix: So Busted!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ok. Guilty, guilty, and guilty. I know the baby is coming over tomorrow night. I know, I know, we all know. But, a grandma has needs. Ok, it's issues. I know, I know, we all know. I had a treadmill Amy needed, and she had the baby I needed. So, I could not help myself. It is a beautiful night, no rain, a good night to haul the treadmill down to Amy and Matt's place. How convenient it all was! I am sure Amy saw right through me, as I have been told I am pretty transparent where that little guy is concerned. I'm sure that another weekend would have worked. I suppose we didn't have to take it down tonight. It WAS just sitting in my foyer for the last two weeks, waiting to be taken. It was quite a awkward ballet getting around it when you wanted to use the front door. See, it really needed to be taken.

Well, it did make sense. Matt can't carry it down the stairs by himself, so even taking it back with him Saturday doesn't work. This job requires to men: One dad and one grandpa. Well, of course Grandma needed to come. After all, I did find a Little Tykes Slide for Mason and I am sure that Dennis needed my help, making sure it arrived safely.

I did notice, though, that when Dennis asked what we were going to do tonight, and I suggested getting the treadmill out of the way, he did not hesitate in any way, shape or form. He just said, "Sure, sounds good. Did you call them?" "Of course" I replied. I thought to myself, no way would I just go down and surprise them. What is they were out getting ice cream, or visiting their friends and I missed the baby!

This whole grandma thing is funny. I remember when Mason's mama, Amy, moved away from home, a move that I knew would mean she would never return to the family home. That she would make her own family home. I cried so hard. After all, she was first baby, the first one to leave me forever. Don't even get me started on how I was when my baby moved to start her new life...It's not pretty. Anway, even when she got her first house, I cried...all the way home the first weekend we were there to help her fixit up. I cried because she wasn't a baby, a little girl anymore, dependent upon mama and daddy. She was married, a big girl, a husband; she had a life. Now that she has Mason, the thought of her having her own family home doesn't make me weepy. In fact, just knowing how happy she was with Matt in their home made it all better.


But, having that little guy in their home, in my life, brought such a change to me. This whole grandma thing is sweet. It seem hard to explain to others what I feel when I look at that little guy. It brings back the feelings I had when my girls were born, only different. It is like I can look at him and enjoy him with more patience. I have more time to absorb his funny faces while he discovers the world around him. I don't know how to explain it.

Oh, what fun this new adventure will be, this whole grandma thing. I have less than 24 hours until he is here. He is crawling a bit now. What fun it will be to chase him and watch him discover the things at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

The only problem I have is this: What excuse will I need to come up with next time when I can't wait patiently for just one more day?
Posted by Sherry D at 9:57 PM
Labels: Baby Fix
1 comments:

Amy said...

This post fails to mention that the foyer leads to the front door...a door that is never used. Yes, I can see how the treadmill blocking the front door was an issue. You most certainly needed to bring it down last night.
April 24, 2009 6:22 AM

Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment