Thursday, March 4, 2010

Saturday is Coming

This is a post made one shy week of one year ago. I lost my original domain and was able to rescue a few other posts. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Posted by Sherry D at 4:52 PM 0 comments
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Saturday is Coming
Do you remember the excitement when you were a school child and you look forward to Saturdays? Perhaps you were excited to sleep in? Most of my childhood friends were excited for Saturday as it meant they could watch cartoons all morning long. This mind numbing event made their parents most happy as they could throw a box of dried cereal on the counter and let the kids run rampant through the house, while they themselves slept in.

Now that I am officially "older" I look forward to Saturdays for a many reason, none of which involve cartoons, at this point. I can sleep in. I may also drink coffee leisurely while I surf the internet. It doesn't matter if I am not wearing makeup or my hair is sticking up in very odd angles. No one will see me.

The most important reason I look forward to Saturdays these past few months is that I can get spend a few hours with Mason. My daughter and her husband know how important we believe it is to bond with our new grandson. They so very nicely open up their home sometime during the weekends.

Now, I am sure there may be times when they would rather just be along and not have company. After all, when you work all week, you don't really want to entertain anyone. Sometimes you just want to be alone. However, they often look at this as an opportunity to get out of the house and spend a few quality hours together, without a baby on their hip. This coming Saturday is one of those times they want to go out. So, off we will go to spend an entire afternoon and evening spoiling our grand baby, as they have "date" night.

They need to go out and we want them to also. Perhaps they would go out more often if we bought them dinner? Purchased their movie tickets? Hmm. There is a good thought.
Posted by Sherry D at 4:23 PM 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment